- California State Bar Association: Since December 1984.
- Sonoma County Bar Association: Since 1992; Director, 2004-2006; Member of the SCBA Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2005-2007.
- Arbitrator and Settlement Conference Panelist, Sonoma County Superior Court: Since 1994.
- Mediator, Sonoma County Superior Court: Since 2010.
- Sonoma County Bar Association Labor and Employment Section: Since 1999.
- California Employment Lawyers Association: Since 1997.
- California State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section: Since 2010.
- National Employment Lawyers Association: 1994-2006.
- Arbitrator and EDP Panelist, San Francisco Superior Court: 1993-2005.
- Arbitrator and Settlement Conference Panelist, Marin County Superior Court: 1998 – 2007.
- San Francisco Bar Association: 1987-1994.
- Sonoma County Trial Lawyers Association: 1994-1996.
- San Francisco Bar Association Federal Pro Bono Project (volunteer attorney): 1988-1995.
- San Francisco Bar Association Homeless Advocacy Project (volunteer attorney): 1987-1995.
- Bar Association of San Francisco Volunteer of the Month (January, 1992).
Civic Associations (Partial List)
- Petaluma People Services Center, Board of Directors 1999-2005.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Sonoma County Board of Directors 1995-1997.
- Petaluma Area Chamber of Commerce, Member since 1998; Board of Directors, 2000 -2007; Vice President 2003-2005; President, 2005-2006.
- Member, Petaluma Area Chamber of Commerce, Government Affairs/Economic Development Committee; Since 1998; Committee Chair, 2002-2005, 2006-2007.
- City of Petaluma Youth Commission, Member 2000-2005, Chair, 2003-2005.
- Leadership Petaluma, Class of 1998-99; Steering Committee 1999-2002; Government Day coordinator Since 1999.
- Petaluma Girls Softball Association, Coach, Since 1997; Petaluma Steal Breeze Girls Softball, Coach, Since 2008; National Junior Basketball, Coach, 1999-2003, 2005-2009; Petaluma Youth Soccer League, Coach, 2000-2003.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, J.D., May, 1984.
- University of Rhode Island, B.A., May, 1978.